Tag archive: chicken
- Peri-Peri pepper sauce or crushed peri-peri peppers
- Cinnamon, sliced cold over salad
- marinated in organic salsa. (Great for the slowcooker)
- Jerk Chicken! Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle, Cayenne, Chili Powder, Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Cloves, Allspice, Cinnamon and Mustard
- Citrus! Lemon, lime, orange or grapefruit all make amazing marinades, and help increase flavor when baked.
- Apple Cider Vinegar. Though it might not smell wonderful while cooking, ACV adds a real zest and moistness to chicken, and increases your fat burning potential!
- Lemon-Pepper chicken. marinated in lemon juice, baked with a dry rub of crushed peppercorns
- Pineapple, need I say more?
- Curry powder. Chicken curry is delicious, but often no where near clean, so adding curry powder gives you that excellent taste, without the extra calories.
- Garlic! Whether marinated, dress rubbed as powder, stuffed with diced cloves or used as a garnish, you cannot go wrong with garlic as an ingredient!
- Tandoori Chicken – cayenne, red chili, turmeric, ginger root, garlic, vinegar, coriander, cardamom, pepper, cloves and greek yogurt (0% plain). Must marinate well before being cooked!
- Sautéed with julienne bell peppers and balsamic vinegar, yum!
- Honey with Dijon and Spicy Mustards. Perfect on its own, or in a wrap!
- Baked in a coating of crushed almonds or pecans – healthier chicken fingers!
- Shredded with brown rice and beans – healthy burrito, without the tortilla! Top with pico de gallo
- Grilled, topped with Bruschetta (Chopped tomatoes with garlic, basil, olive oil and vinegar) – a healthy way to indulge in an Italian favourite while maintaining portion control
- Peanut and Tahini make a wonderful Thai chicken!
- Dry rubbed and BBQ’d with Tarragon and onion powder – and a little citrus to keep it moist!
- Roasted Sesame seeds with onion and garlic powder
- Clean Eating Chicken Chili!
- Stuffed with zucchini and baked
- Spiced Maple Ginger Chicken: pure maple syrup, lemon, garlic, ginger, pepper, cloves and cayenne
- Chicken and Quinoa veggie soup: onion, garlic, celery, whole kernel corn, black beans, carrots, quinoa, vinegar, onion powder, chili powder, Mrs. Dash Extra spicy and more! [Recipe coming soon]
- Lime & cilantro with cumin and Spanish paprika
- In a slow cooker with apricot, peaches or nectarines
Bonus: Baked with Turmeric, coriander, pepper, drizzled with balsamic vinegar and topped with sliced red onionsDetails