Tag archive: healthy holiday foods
I love sweet potatoes. Before I started eating clean, I had no interest in them, but they have become one of my favourite carbs to enjoy with my meals. And as a result, they have made their way not only into my every day diet, but to my holiday meals!
This recipe is one of the most delicious, indulgent-tasting holiday foods I have made to date, and I serve them as often as possible, to incredible rave reviews!
Spicy Sweet Potatoes
- 1-3 Sweet Potatoes, depending on the size.
- 1/2 tbsp Ginger
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tbsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 – 1 tbsp Cayenne, depending on your spice tolerance.
- 1 handful crushed walnuts (if desired)
- Peel and slice the sweet potato into discs approximately one half inch to one inch thick
- Boil for approximately 20 minutes, until they are soft enough to be pierced through with a fork, without force.
- Drain and mash, add your spices. If needed, add a small amount of water to help the mashing process.
- Add crushed walnuts for presentation.